Sunday, November 2, 2008

Blog # 5 Passion Versus Pressure

I was on the Cross Country team during high school and my first year of college. Yet, my desire to run developed only after I quit the team. After a 2 year injury, I started back up again. My love for running began when I started to do it for myself and there were no “external motivations” involved. No one forces me to run and I do it for no reason other than the fact that it relieves my stress and gives me the opportunity to enjoy some “alone time.” I could say that I am an amateur at shopping or singing, but neither of the two give me the passion and “high” I get before, during, and after my run. Although, running rewards me with health and fitness, I can honestly say that I run merely because I get pleasure out of it. The health and fitness are just perks. I often wake up extremely early to guarantee myself a 2 hour time period for my run. I am lucky enough to have a passion that keeps me healthy and stress-free. Whether it’s cold or hot outside, my run is my only “escape” from school work and the other stresses that often have the ability to take over my mind. After my run, I become more motivated with energy to complete other necessary tasks. I would never combine something I enjoy to anything complicated such as a career because it would only add stress and pressure to my passion.

No comments: